Here’s a guide on how to turn photos into WhatsApp Stickers using WhatsApp Web and the Sticker Maker application. WhatsApp recently launched a new feature that allows users to create their own stickers natively on the WhatsApp Web platform.
The new update will come in handy for users who enjoy sending stickers, and now they don’t have to rely on third-party apps for more options.
This “Sticker Maker” feature in WhatsApp web will basically allow users to turn images into stickers.
The feature doesn’t turn images into caricatures but compresses files into low-resolution stickers that are easy to send and download.
To make conversations more interesting, WhatsApp stickers can be shared with friends and family. Stickers can also be used to express yourself in conversation. WhatsApp has introduced a new feature that allows users to create customized stickers.
Also read: 7 Selfie Sticker Apps on Android & iOS
However, to create personalized stickers, you have to use the web version of WhatsApp. So, if you want to know how to turn any image into a WhatsApp Sticker, then read this article till the end.
- How To Turn Photos Into WhatsApp Stickers Using Whatsapp Web
- How To Turn Photos Into WhatsApp Stickers Using Sticker Maker
How To Turn Photos Into WhatsApp Stickers Using Whatsapp Web
As mentioned above, the web version of WhatsApp now allows you to create your own personalized stickers. Here’s how to use WhatsApp web to turn your pictures into stickers.
1. First of all, open web.whatsapp.com from your favorite web browser.
2. Now, open the chat window where you want to share your custom sticker.
3. Now click on the attachment button and then select Stickers.
4. Now, select the photo which you want to turn into a sticker.
5. This will open the Sticker maker UI. You can now make changes to the sticker like you can crop the image, add text, rotate the image, draw over the image, etc.
6. When you are done with the changes, click the Submit button.
How To Turn Photos Into WhatsApp Stickers Using Sticker Maker
If you don’t want to rely on the web version of WhatsApp to create WhatsApp Stickers, you need to use the Sticker Maker app. Here’s how to use this app.
1. First of all, download & install Sticker Maker app from here on your Android phone.
2. Once installed, open the app and tap the Create a new Stickerpack button.
3. Now, you will be asked to enter the name of the sticker pack. Set a name and author name and tap the Create button.
4. Next, tap on the tray icon and select the image you want to turn into a sticker.
5. Use the Smart Select option to cut out the subject from the photo automatically. You can also select the Freehand option to manually select the subject.
6. Once done, you can add text to your sticker. When you’re done editing, tap on the Save Sticker option.
7. The sticker will be saved on the sticker pack. You need to add at least three stickers to the pack to publish it on WhatsApp.
8. Once done, tap on the Add to WhatsApp button.
9. Now, open the WhatsApp chat window where you want to share the sticker. Next, switch to the Stickers tab, and you will find your stickers there.
You can create as many stickers as you want for your WhatsApp account with these two methods. WhatsApp does not restrict the creation and sharing of stickers on its platform.
You need to know, the sticker maker feature on WhatsApp web is not yet in the WhatsApp app for Android and iOS, and more information from the company is awaited. If you are an Android user, there are many options available on the Google Play store for third-party sticker creators.
Meanwhile, WhatsApp is said to be working on new features like audio message playback control and last seen for certain chats. The messaging app also features an in-app photo editor on the web version.
WhatsApp officially announced the feature earlier this month and added that users will be able to add stickers and text or crop and rotate their photos from any WhatsApp screen.
That’s how to turn any image into a WhatsApp Sticker. I hope this article helped you! Thank you for visiting and don’t forget if you find this article useful, please share it with your friends too.