Now you can delete followers on Twitter. There are 3 ways to delete your followers on Twitter, namely removing them from the user’s profile, from the Followers list or by blocking the follower’s account.
Twitter is rolling out a new way to allow users to delete followers they don’t want to see their tweets. With this new feature, Twitter users can choose to get rid of followers without having to block them. This feature will help curb targeted harassment, at least to some extent, and that’s what Twitter is hoping for with this launch.
So today, we are going to take a look at the steps required to stop someone from following you on Twitter. Also read: How to Choose Who Can Reply to Our Tweets.
Currently, the option to delete followers is limited to the web version of Twitter. On Android and iOS apps, you have to rely on the ancient technique of blocking and unblocking someone to remove them from your follower list. With that said, here’s how you can get rid of your problematic Twitter followers.
- Remove Twitter Followers from User Profile
- Delete User via Twitter Followers List
- Remove Twitter Followers by Blocking Account
Remove Twitter Followers from User Profile
1. Open your Twitter account in the web browser of your choice and go to the profile of the person you want to remove from your follower list. Here, click the horizontal three-dot menu to the left of the DM or Follow button.
2. From the list of options that appears, select the “Remove this follower” option.
3. When the confirmation appears, click the red “Delete” button. And that’s it. With just two clicks, you have successfully removed one of your followers.
Now, it is worth mentioning that Twitter will not notify followers of your decision to remove them from your follower list. They will no longer see your tweets on their timeline.
However, you have to remember that the person can choose to follow you again. If you don’t want any more interaction, you should consider blocking the user (described below).
Delete User via Twitter Followers List
Twitter is also testing an option to allow users to remove followers directly from the follower list on their profile. But this option is not widely available yet. Once available, you can follow the below steps to delete followers on Twitter easily.
1. Go to your Twitter profile and click on the number of followers to see your entire list of followers.
2. Now you click on the three-dot menu with options to mute, delete, report and block profile.
3. Now click on “Remove this follower”.
3. From the confirmation pop up that appears, click the “Remove” button to remove the person from your follower list. You can go through the whole list and remove as many followers as you want.
Remove Twitter Followers by Blocking Account
If you choose to never be bothered by someone on Twitter again, you can choose to block the account. Follow the steps below to block someone on Twitter:
1. Go to the profile of the person you want to block and click on the three-dot menu to see the option to block the user.
2. From the list of options that appears, click “Block
3. When the confirmation pop-up appears, press “Block” again to finally block the Twitter user and remove him from your follower list.
So that was my quick guide on how to delete Twitter followers. Although the idea of the feature is simple, it will help avoid negative interactions on the platform.