- Video Downloader Professional
- Video DownloadHelper
- VLC Video Downloader
- Video Downloader Plus
- Online Download Manager
PS: safepedia.com does not support downloading copyrighted content. In this article, I suggest you to download only free content or private content which is shared on the network.
1. Video Downloader Professional
Video Downloader Professional is one of the best Google Chrome extensions for downloading videos. This is probably the most famous Google Chrome extension for downloading videos from the Internet. Video Downloader Professional has more than 3 million downloads and more than 200,000 positive reviews.
This extension allows users to download video content from like Vimeo, Dailymotion or Facebook and Youtube. Operation is very simple: the page will detect the original video file and then display several download options, as well as the final size of the file in question and the format of the video.
- download and save videos playing on websites to hard disk.
- choose between different resolutions if the site supports it (eg on Vimeo).
- play MP4 videos found via Google Chromecast on your TV or play them on your Google Home.
- easily add videos to your video list. There you have quick access to videos and you can play them at any time, without having to go back to the orignial web page. You also have the option to play the video in any size (currently available on select video providers like Youtube and Vimeo)
Video Downloader Professional also supports downloading high resolution videos. However, the algorithm is not always able to detect files, perhaps due to the data protection policies of various web pages.
Downloads for: chrome
2. Video DownloadHelper
Video DownloadHelper is one of the best Google Chrome extensions for downloading videos. Known for its version of Mozilla Firefox, Video DownloadHelper is compatible with most of today’s websites. Facebook, Streamcloud, VK, Instagram, Twitter … This extension also adds a series of additional functions, such as the option to create a playlist or choose the final quality of the video, which can be downloaded in MP4 format.
- save to local disc video playing on Web page
- support for HLS streaming video
- Support for DASH videos
- download image gallery
- Smart naming of video files
- ability to blacklist domains to hide ads from detected videos
- Control maximum downloads simultaneously
- multiple options to filter videos
- Highly customizable interface
- Converts downloaded or downloaded videos to almost any format
- works on Windows, Mac and Linux
It also allows users to download multiple files at once and creates a blacklist so that ads for videos are removed automatically. Of course it’s free.
Downloads for: Chrome
3. VLC Video Downloader
VLC Video Downloader is one of the best Google Chrome extensions for downloading videos. Although the name suggests otherwise, this extension has nothing to do with the VLC media player. Its only function is to download videos from any website that hosts videos on its servers.
- All video formats supported (including .flv video, mp4, avi, asf, mpeg and more)
- support high resolution video
- Super light and free
- Save video as file to your device
But unfortunately this extension can’t download videos from YouTube because of the latest policy update. Perhaps the biggest advantage is that you can choose the video format. FLV, MP4, AVI, ASF, MPEG… And yes, it supports high resolution video downloads, at least for now.
Downloads for: Chrome
4. Video Downloader Plus
Video Downloader Plus is one of the best Google Chrome extensions for downloading videos. This extension can download videos from most websites in different formats. MP4, MOV, AVI, ASF, MPG … With more than 7 million downloads, the number of liked reviews exceeds 17,000 at the moment.
But unfortunately this extension cannot download videos from YouTube due to the latest policy update. Outside of these platforms, developers claim to be able to download videos from 99% of video hosts on the Internet.
- Capable of detecting multiple formats for download.
- Supports MP4, MOV, AVI, ASF, MPG and more.
- Easy, fast, safe and lightweight!
- Has the ability to download almost 99% of video hosting websites, except Youtube.
- Can download multiple videos at the same time.
As if this weren’t enough, the extension can detect ads and remove them from the final video file. It also allows users to know the size of the file before downloading it to their computer.
Downloads for: Chrome