Here are some of the best free Android irrigation design apps that can help create the best irrigation system for your farm. Irrigation planning is an important stage in irrigating a land. A well-designed irrigation system can reduce water waste while increasing plant growth. Poorly constructed irrigation systems, on the other hand, can be more expensive but ineffective.
These applications can calculate the ideal irrigation system setup based on field type, soil type, water inlet capacity, and field design. Moreover, this app helps the users in positioning the Sprinklers and Drips correctly so that they can irrigate their fields without wasting water.
Users have to submit extensive information to the application, such as irrigation area, water flow rate, irrigation frequency, nozzle size, water pressure and so on. These apps calculate the best irrigation design settings based on input values.
Also read: Software To Design The Best Free Irrigation System
Some apps even allow users to create their own virtual fields and sprinklers. In general, all these applications are quite easy to use and absolutely free. To learn more about these apps, see the list below.
6 Android Irrigation Design Apps Best Free
- Irrimodel design
- The Irrigation App
- Irrigation Calculator
- Hunter Dripline Calculator
- Techline Calculator
1. Irrimodel design
Irrimodel design is a free Android irrigation design app. This app allows users to create sprinkler irrigation systems and drip patterns. This application requires several input parameters to build a sprinkler and drip system, including field type, field size, available humidity, MAD percentage, water usage per day, and more.
It calculates and displays land area, irrigation frequency, gross depth and more based on the above inputs. Users can create optimal irrigation designs by applying irrigation parameter estimates. You can download Irrimodel design from the Google Play Store or directly from here.
- Sprinkler Design: Use it to calculate and design every aspect of sprinkler design. To do that, users need to calculate various parameters such as land area, irrigation frequency, nozzle size, water pressure, etc. By providing all required input parameters, users can easily calculate the required parameters for sprinkler design.
- Drip Design: Through this feature, users can calculate the number of emitters, irrigation requirements, emitter distance, percentage of wet area, and more.
- The app also offers a manual process to help users operate the sprinkler parts and design the drip.
Irrimodel design is one of the best free irrigation design apps for Android that allows users to perform detailed calculations to design optimal irrigation systems.
2. The Irrigation App
The Irrigation App is a free irrigation design app for Android. Using this app, users can add irrigation management zones across their fields and add boundaries and locations of irrigation management zones via Google maps.
Apart from that, it also allows users to add pumps and irrigation events according to their needs. The Irrigation App can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or directly from here. Now, check out the main features of this app.
- IMZ: Using it, users can manually add one or more forecast management zones in their field.
- Pumps: Use it to add pumps for irrigation along with details like pump type, motor size, flow rate, etc.
- Add Events: It allows users to create and manage irrigation events such as irrigating crops, irrigating fields, removing water from fields, etc.
- Reports: It shows all reports regarding crop production and water allocation between two dates.
The Irrigation App is a good and easy to use irrigation design application where users can create and manage irrigation management zones, pumps and irrigation events.
3. Irrigation Calculator
Irrigation Calculator is another free irrigation design app for Android. This app helps users calculate various aspects of irrigation such as Dripper Space, Total Flow, Hydraulics friction loss and many more.
By numerically calculating all irrigation parameters, users can design an optimal irrigation system. You can download the Irrigation Calculator from the Google Play Store or directly from here. Now, check out the main features of this app.
- Drip Calculation: It helps the user to calculate and know the correct dripper space, line space, number of plants, dripper flow, etc., To perform the calculation, the user only needs to enter the irrigation area and water discharge.
- Sprinkler Calculation: Through this calculator, users can calculate the value of Total Flow (GPM, Lm, M3/h), Radius , and Pipe Pressure.
- Hydraulic Calculations: This is another handy calculator where users need to define GPM Flow, Pipe Length, Pipe Size and Internal Diameter values to calculate Velocity m/s, Flow GPM and Friction Loss values.
- Converters: Use to convert Flow, Volume, Pressure, Velocity and Power values from one SI unit to another.
- Calculator: It is a simple calculator that users can use to perform basic mathematical calculations like Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, etc.
This is another good irrigation design app where user can calculate many irrigation design parameters.
4. Hunter Dripline Calculator
Hunter Dripline Calculator is another free irrigation design app for Android. This app is mainly developed to help users do all micro irrigation designing. It also helps the user to remove all guesswork from irrigation design to create an optimal irrigation design for a particular field.
You can download Hunter Dripline Calculator from the Google Play Store or directly from here. Now, check out the main features of this app.
- Product Recommenders: This section suggests the correct products needed to design a successful dripline system. To determine the correct product, users need to enter some input parameters regarding their irrigation field such as project type (residential or commercial), application type (surface or subsurface), plant type, spacing, soil type, etc.
- Zone Totalizer: Through this section, the user can calculate the discharge, rate of precipitation, and the amount of product required for a zone.
- Dripline Run Time Calculator: Use it to find out the peak season running time schedule which users can use to program their irrigation controller. It also prevents wastage of water due to excessive use of water.
This is another irrigation design app that offers all the essential tools to create optimal irrigation designs.
5. Techline Calculator
Techline Calculator is another free irrigation design app for Android. It is a simple application that helps users to calculate all the important parameters needed to design an optimal irrigation system.
It also gives users the flexibility to design irrigation systems for different types of land and soil types. You can download Techline Calculator from the Google Play Store or directly from here. Now, check out the main features of this app.
- Input Parameters for Calculation: In this application, the user has to enter all the parameters related to their field so that this application can calculate all the values needed to design the irrigation system. Some of the parameters that users need to define are Dripline Placement (On Surface or Subsurface), Plant Type, Soil Type, Inlet Pressure, Irrigation Area, Emitter Distance, Rainfall Rate, etc.
- Results: According to input parameters, the app shows all generated values such as emitter flow rate, lateral distance, maximum running length, number of drippers in the zone, number of TLS6 staples, etc.
It is a live irrigation design application that allows users to quickly calculate all important irrigation parameters.
E-irrigation is the ultimate free irrigation design app for Android. Using this app, users can manually place a sprinkler system on top of their field design. Plus, it also helps users optimize water use efficiently and reduce expenses in the long run.
You can download E-irrigation from the Google Play Store or directly from here. Now, check out the main features of this app.
- Irrigation Fields and Dimensions: This app allows users to manually draw shapes and add dimensions to their fields.
- Sprinkler Plot: After creating a plot design, users can manually add sprinklers to optimal locations around their plots so that there are no gaps between sprinkler irrigation areas.
- Show Feedback: After determining the placement of all sprinklers, the user can determine the amount of water used per sprinkler and the number of minutes each sprinkler will be used per week to get general statistics and wastage.
- This application can also generate and display the coordinates of each sprinkler.
This is another great irrigation design app where users can design irrigation systems for different types of fields.
Those are some of the best free Android irrigation design apps. Hopefully this article is useful for you, thank you for visiting and don’t forget to share this article with your friends.