We are often overwhelmed with daily tasks in our personal life, sometimes we forget our grocery list or forget a friend’s birthday. In your professional life, being organized is very important if you want to stay on top of your workload and reach those important deadlines.
Using Microsoft To Do can help you manage the many tasks that you do. Read on to find out what Microsoft To Do is and how to use it to organize your personal and professional life.
What is Microsoft To Do?
Microsoft To Do is a cloud-based application for task management. You can use it as a professional daily planner or task manager, with the ability to set reminders and assign tasks to other users.
You can use Microsoft To Do to manage all aspects of your life. For example, you can use it to create a grocery list that you can share and edit with your partner or housemates, which means you will always have the latest shopping list on your phone.
The app is also ideal for use in the workplace—especially if you work collaboratively on a task. You can use the app to create task lists for your team and assign each team member to a specific task. This is a great place to write handover notes for your colleagues to access as well.
How to Use Microsoft To Do
Before you start using Microsoft To Do, first download the app from the PlayStore or from here. Then enter your email or phone number and tap Sign In. If you don’t have a Microsoft account, tap the link at the bottom of the screen to sign up. You are now ready to create your first list.
Here’s a complete guide on how to use Microsoft To Do from creating a new list, adding tasks to a list to inviting others to view your to-do list.
- How to Create a New List in Microsoft To Do
- How to Add Tasks to a List in Microsoft To Do
- How to Modify or Customize Tasks in Microsoft To Do
- How to Manage Tasks in Microsoft To Do
- How to Invite Others to Access Your List
- How to Assign Tasks to Others in Microsoft To Do
How to Create a New List in Microsoft To Do
You may want to create a list, or several to help group and manage your tasks.
- Tap on New list.
- Enter your list name. Tap the emoji icon to add an emoji to the name if desired.
- Change the color theme by tapping the desired colored dots.
- Select the image background by tapping Photos. Tap to select the image you want.
- Tap Create List.
You can change your list like renaming it, deleting it, or changing the theme, by tapping on the three-dot menu icon at the top right of the screen.
How to Add Tasks to a List in Microsoft To Do
Once you have prepared a list, it is easy to add tasks to the list.
- Tap on the list from your home screen to get started.
- Tap the plus icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- Type your task.
- Tap Set due date. Tap a predefined date, or tap Choose date to choose your own date.
- Use the calendar to set your own due date. Tap OK to confirm.
- To set a reminder, tap Remind me. Tap a preset reminder time, or tap Choose date & time to choose your own.
- Use the calendar to choose which days to be reminded. Tap the date to confirm.
- Use the clock to select the time. You can use the blue buttons to select the clock and time, or tap the keyboard icon to type the time manually.
- Tap Save to confirm the time and date of your reminder.
- Tap the blue arrow or tap the enter key to add the task to your list.
Repeat these steps for each new task you create.
How to Modify or Customize Tasks in Microsoft To Do
Once you add a task to the list, you can customize it with additional steps, add it to My Day, or add notes. Just tap on the task of your choosing to open the customization menu.
Here you have the option to customize your task, like create a reminder, add a file or note, or add a task to My Day so that it appears in your to-do list today.
To mark a task, tap the empty circle. Your task will then be moved to the Done section.
How to Manage Tasks in Microsoft To Do
You can use the home screen to view and manage your tasks. Here you will find My Day, your important tasks, planned tasks, and assigned tasks.
How to Invite Others to Access Your List
- Tap a list to open it.
- Tap the people icon at the top of the screen to share your list.
- Then, tap Invite Via to display a list of contacts to share, or apps to share (eg Whatsapp).
- Tap on the contact or app of your choice for your preferred sharing option.
- Or, tap the copy icon to copy the link address.
- Send the link via the method you choose, or paste the copied link into a message or email for your recipients.
- Tap Manage Access to toggle Restrict access to current members, copy the invite link, or to stop sharing your list.
- Once your recipient accepts the join request, you can assign tasks to that member.
How to Assign Tasks to Others in Microsoft To Do
- Tap the task.
- Then, tap Assign to.
- Tap any list member (including your own) to assign.
- You can find the task assigned to you from the home screen. Tap Assigned to me to view, edit, and complete the tasks you assigned.
That’s a complete guide on how to use Microsoft To Do. I hope this article helped you! Thank you for visiting and don’t forget if you find this article useful, please share it with your friends too.