In this tutorial, you will know how to create online class notes automatically without having to write or type an explanation from the teacher or lecturer.
Today almost everything is done online, be it a classroom or office meeting. During this class or meeting, you may need to take note of the important points that are being conveyed. I know most students don’t want to use paper and pen to write notes during online classes. So, on this occasion I will share how to take notes during online classes or meetings automatically.
There are several ways that you can use to take notes while attending online classes automatically. If you take a class or meeting via
Google Meet or Zoomor Microsoft Teamsyou can easily use any of these ways to take notes.
Create Automated Online Class Notes With Web Speech API Demonstration
- Automatic Online Class Notes With Google Docs
1. Create Automatic Online Class Notes With Web Speech API Demonstration
Here are the steps for making online class notes automatically without having to write or type an explanation from the teacher or lecturer using the Web Speech API Demonstration.
1. First, make sure that your speaker is on. After that open the Chrome browser, then type Web Speech API Demonstrationselect the top one.
2. Once open, change the language to Indonesian.
3. Next press the microphone icon in the right corner to start recording an explanation from your teacher or lecturer.
4. When finished, click the microphone icon again to stop recording. After that click the button Copy and paste to copy the recording. In this example, I happen to be trying to record from a youtube video and you can see for yourself the results in the image below.
Notes: This first method can also be applied in the Bing browser. The steps are exactly the same as I mentioned above.
Also read: How to Solve Math Problems With Microsoft Edge Math Solver
2. Create Automatic Online Class Notes With Google Docs
This is probably the best way to automatically take notes or attend classes or meetings. You can open Google Docs in one tab and then enable voice typing in it. Here’s how to use this trick:
1. Open Google Docs in the browser and sign in with your Google account.
2. Once Google Docs is open, select blank (plus logo) under Start a new document
3. Now, in the taskbar menu, tap on Tools then select Voice Typing.
4. Next change the language to Indonesian
5. To start recording click the speaker icon. To stop recording, click the speaker icon again.
There he is. Now, whatever your teacher or lecturer says, it will be typed automatically in Docs. You can edit and rearrange it later for punctuation and spelling.
You can also enable voice typing in Google Docs via keyboard shortcut, i.e. Ctrl+Shift+S on Windows or Command+Shift+S on MacOS.
However, before you use this second method, you have to change Google Chrome language to English. Because if Google Chrome is installed on your PC in Indonesian, the “Voice typing” it doesn’t appear in Google Doc. Follow the steps below to change the language in Google Chrome:
How to Change Google Chrome Language
To change the language in the Google Chrome browser to English, the steps are as follows:
- Open your google chrome browser.
Click the three-dot button in the upper right corner, then select the settings menu.
On the settings page, please scroll to the bottom, then select the Advanced option to display all the google chrome settings options.
- Then scroll to the bottom and look for the language setting option.
- In the language option, please select English.
That’s the tutorial on how to take online class notes automatically without having to write or type an explanation from the teacher or lecturer. Hopefully this article is useful for those of you who need it. Thank you for visiting and don’t forget to share it with your friends too.