Here’s a guide on how to disable sleep mode on your Windows 11 & 10 PC/laptop. Sleep mode is a Windows 11 & 10 feature that can help you save battery and reduce wear and tear on your PC by putting the computer into a low power state while you are away.
By default, most Windows 11 & 10 PCs will enter sleep mode after a certain period of inactivity to conserve battery power.
Due to some reasons, if you want your PC to be awake all the time or don’t want to use sleep mode, this article will guide you.
Using the built-in options, you can disable sleep mode on your Windows 11 & 10 PC/laptop, which means no third-party software is required.
Also read: How to Enable Drag & Drop on the Windows 11 Taskbar
How to Disable Windows 11 PC/Laptop Sleep Mode?
Using Windows 11 Settings app, you can quickly disable the sleep mode of your Windows 11 PC/laptop. To do so, perform the following suggested steps:
1. First, launch the app Settings by pressing the key combination Windows+i on your keyboard. Or, right click on the button Start Menu on the taskbar, and from the menu that appears, select “Settings“.
2. When Windows Settings opens, select a category System in the left sidebar.
3. After that, in the right sidebar, select Power & battery.
4. Then under the Power section, click the header button Screen and sleep to expand it.
5. Now, you will have two settings related to sleep mode. If the battery is powering your device, you will see two options. Otherwise, you will find one option for sleep mode. select never from the drop-down menu of the following options:
- On battery power, put my device to sleep after.
- When plugged in, put my device to sleep after.
Once done, you can close the Settings app. After that, your Windows 11 PC will never go into sleep mode again.
If you change your mind and want to enable sleep mode, repeat the steps above and select a value other than Never from the drop-down menu of sleep options.
That’s how to disable sleep mode on your Windows 11 PC/laptop. I hope this article helped you! Thank you for visiting and don’t forget if you find this article useful, please share it with your friends too.