The following is a guide on how to enable dark mode for applications in Windows 11 using Windows settings, the registry, or through the application settings itself.
Nowadays, dark mode is getting more and more popular and is implemented in most of the available apps. If you want to enable dark mode for apps in Windows 11, then this article might be of interest to you.
Dark mode or dark mode is allegedly able to provide less burden on the eyes than the default light mode. In this article, we will see how you can enable dark mode for apps in Windows 11.
Also read: How to Activate Windows 11 Dark Mode
So in Windows 11, you can enable system wide dark mode. But if you want to be selective and want to enable it only for apps, you should try this way. There are many ways that you can use to enable dark mode for apps only.
All the ways to enable dark mode for apps in Windows 11 are mentioned below. You can try any of the ways mentioned below as per your convenience.
Enabling dark mode for apps in Windows 11 using Windows settings
- Enabling dark mode for apps in Windows 11 using Registry
Enabling dark mode for apps in Windows 11 using app settings
1. Enabling dark mode for apps in Windows 11 using Windows settings
1. Press button+i to open Windows settings (settings).
2. Open Personalization > Colors.
3. Below Colorsfind Choose your mode heading. If set to Light or Dark, set to Custom. Then you can Select Default app mode and set it to Dark to enable dark mode for apps only.
Once selected, dark mode is applied to all the applications on your PC system.
2. Enabling dark mode for apps in Windows 11 using Registry
1. Open CMD and type: regedit to open the Registry Editor.
2. In the left pane of the Registry Editor window, navigate to:
3. In the right pane of Personalize registry key, look for AppsUseLightTheme (REG_DWORD). Set to 0 to enable dark mode for all supported apps in your PC system.
4. Close Registry Editor and exit and log back in to apply changes.
Also read: How to Switch Dark Mode / Light Mode Automatically in Windows 11
3. Enabling dark mode for apps in Windows 11 using Windows settings
Apart from the above methods, you can also enable dark mode for individual apps using their own settings. Many of the dark mode-enabled apps available today have their own settings for switching to dark mode.
You have to go to app settings, or personalization settings and there you will find the option to enable dark mode, as shown in the screenshot below.
Note that not all apps have a setting to switch to dark mode. Some apps might take dark mode reference from system and if your OS uses dark mode, they automatically enable dark mode.
That’s how to enable dark mode for apps in Windows 11. I hope this article helped you! Thank you for visiting and don’t forget if you find this article useful, please share it with your friends too.