Find out how to enable voice recognition on iPhone iOS 15 and take advantage of this useful accessibility feature. Introduced in iOS 14, voice recognition is now carried over to iOS 15 as well. These accessibility settings allow your iPhone to continue listening for certain sounds and notify you when they detect them.
The iPhone iOS 15 voice recognition is beneficial for those with hearing loss, but it can also help with other uses. So, let’s learn how to use voice recognition on iPhone and iPad. Also read: How to Use Focus Mode on iPhone iOS 15.
- What is Voice Recognition on iPhone?
- How to Enable Voice Recognition iPhone iOS 15
- How to Add Voice Recognition to iPhone Control Center
What is Voice Recognition on iPhone?
As the name suggests, voice recognition (Sound Recognition) allows your iPhone to detect certain sounds and notify you when they hear them. You can choose to be notified of a variety of sounds, from fire and smoke alarms to the clanging of household appliances and the sounds of pets and babies.
2 new sounds, namely broken glass and kettle have been added to iOS 15. This means that your iPhone recognizes fifteen sounds, compared to iOS 14’s thirteen sounds.
By enabling voice recognition, you can stay well informed in any situation by receiving notifications on your iPhone.
How to Enable Voice Recognition iPhone iOS 15
1. Go to Settings → Accessibility.
2. Scroll down and tap Sound Recognition.
3. Enable Sound Recognition.
4. Select Sounds.
5. Now, enable the alert option which you want.
How to Add Voice Recognition to iPhone Control Center
1. Go to Settings → Control Center.
2. Under More Controls, find and tap the green plus icon next to Voice Recognition. This will add it to the Included Controls list. You can rearrange the items on the list by tapping the hamburger icon on each right of the control.
3. Once added, you can access it by launching Control Center. Also read: How to Fix Incoming Calls Not Ringing (Mute) on iPhone.
4. Once you enable voice recognition, you will receive an instant notification when your iPhone detects the selected voice. In testing, this feature worked pretty well. However, you should still be careful with your environment and not rely on this feature in critical situations.
That’s the tutorial on how to activate iPhone iOS 15 voice recognition. Hopefully this article is useful for those of you who need it. Thank you for visiting and don’t forget to share it with your friends too.