How to Install RSAT Tools on Windows 11 PC/Laptop – Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) is used for remote management of roles and features on Windows servers from PCs running Windows operating systems.
The RSAT tool is not installed on every Windows PC and Microsoft offers it as an optional feature. However, there is more than one way to install RSAT tool on your Windows 11 PC/laptop. Let’s look at everything thoroughly.
Also read: 4 Ways to Enable Remote Desktop on Windows 11
How to Install RSAT Tools in Windows 11 From Settings
How to install RSAT tools on a Windows 11 PC/laptop is quite easy and not as troublesome as previous versions of the Windows OS. Here’s how to install RSAT on Windows 11 from Settings
1. First of all launch the app Settings from the Start Menu of your Windows 11 PC.
2. Next, click the tab Apps in the left sidebar of the Settings window.
3. Then, click on Option features which is on the right side of the window.
4. After that, click the button View features located in
Add an optional feature to open a list of all optional features.
5. Next, you can scroll through the alphabetically sorted list or you can type RSAT in the search box at the top of the on-screen overlay window to see all the RSAT options.
6. Then, click on checkbox followed by each option on the list to choose from. Once you select the desired option, click on the button
Next to continue.
7. Now, all the options that you selected will be listed to help you see which components to install.
If you want to remove or add more features, you can do so by clicking on options Edit or add more optional features. If you are satisfied with your selected option, click on the button Install.
Windows may take a few minutes to install all the selected components. You can monitor the installation process from the Optional features page.
Once installed, skip to the last part of this guide to find out how to access and run the newly installed features on your Windows 11 computer.
How to Install RSAT Tools on Windows 11 Using PowerShell
You can also install RSAT tools on your Windows 11 PC/laptop using the Powershell command line tool. The unique thing about installing using PowerShell is that you can choose to install all the RSAT tools in one go or select individual tools according to your preferences.
1. First, right click on the icon Start Menu which is on the taskbar of your Windows computer. Then, select the option Windows Terminal (Admin) from the pop-up menu.
2. After that, you will be greeted by an overlay screen UAC (User Account Control).
3. If you are not logged in with an admin account, enter the credentials for the account. If not, click the button Yes which is at the prompt.
4. Next, type or copy/paste the following command and press Enter to check the available RSAT tools for your machine and their current status. This way, you can know exactly what components to install.
Get-WindowsCapability -Name RSAT* -Online | Select-Object -Property DisplayName, State
5. If you need all the components, you can install them at once using just one command. Type or copy/paste the following command and press Enter on your keyboard to execute the command.
Get-WindowsCapability -Name RSAT* -Online | Add-WindowsCapability -Online
It may take a few minutes for your computer to install this feature, depending on your capabilities and internet connection.
Running RSAT Tools On Windows 11
Once you install RSAT on your Windows 11 PC, you can easily run it. To run RSAT tool in Windows 11, follow the steps given below;
1. Open Start Menu by pressing the Windows logo key on your keyboard.
2. In the Start Menu, search for Windows Tools and open.
3. Here you will find all RSAT components. You can open any of the RSAT components with double click on it.
That’s how to install RSAT tools on Windows 11. I hope this article helped you! Thank you for visiting and don’t forget if you find this article useful, please share it with your friends too.