Here’s a guide on how to play games on Snapchat. Generally, Snapchat is used to share photos and videos and track your Snapstreaks, but did you know that Snapchat can also be used to play games?
Snapchat has around 50 games which you can play with your friends and loved ones directly from within the chat window starting January 2022. Therefore, we are going to guide you how to play games on Snapchat in
- What Are Snapchat Games?
- What are Snap Minis?
- How to Play Snapchat Games with Friends
- How to Play Snapchat Games in Single Player Mode
- How to Invite Friends to Play Snapchat Games
What Are Snapchat Games?
Snapchat is called Snap Games. Stated as “a way to hang out with your friends on Snapchat”, almost all games and apps in Snap Games are multiplayer based.
Snap redesigned the chat feature in Snapchat to include a “rocket” button that you tap to jump into the game and play with friends.
Snap is likely hoping that its gaming platform will help users stay on the Snapchat platform, as recent reports suggest its users may not be using the app as much as they used to.
Many services, including Instagram, have copied Snapchat’s key features, such as Stories. So, the onus is on Snapchat to continue to innovate and keep its users coming back.
All HTML5-based games, including the Bitmoji Party game, are from Prettygreat, the studio that produces Fruit Ninja (purchased by Snap). Bitmoji Party is reminiscent of Mario Party, but with Bitmoji characters taking the place of the famous plumber and his friends.
Also read: How to Play Netflix Games on Android & Iphone
It features a smaller game experience that can be played with up to eight friends at a time, including zombie games where players infect one another.
What are Snap Minis?
Snap Minis, on the other hand, are small apps from third-party developers that can be accessed via Snapchat. It was released in mid-2022 to help you organize your schedule, meditate (via Headspace Mini), and study with friends using Tembo flashcards Mini, which is part of the messaging app.
Snap Minis is an HTML5-based online application that can be accessed via the “rocket” icon in the Snapchat chat window.
Now lets see how to invite friends and play games with them once you know what Snapchat Games and Minis are.
How to Play Snapchat Games with Friends
1. Open Snapchat app and tap on “Chat/chat” option from bottom navigation bar to access your chat list. Once the chat list appears, open the chat window of the friend you want to play the game with.
2. In the chat window, tap on the rocket icon in the lower right corner of the screen to view all available Snapchat games. From this page, you can select the game or mini that you are interested in.
3. Once the game is open, you can choose to play alone or with friends. When you are playing with friends, you can use the text box at the bottom to send messages and the microphone icon for voice chat.
Snapchat has created a beautiful and immersive experience here, which will not let you leave your friends behind while playing the game.
How to Play Snapchat Games in Single Player Mode
If your friends are busy and you want to kill time, you can choose to play this Snap game in Single Player or Single player mode. Here’s how:
Open Snapchat and hit the “Search” icon in the top left corner. You will now see a “Games & Minis” section under the search box. All you have to do now is tap on the game of your choice to start playing it.
How to Invite Friends to Play Snapchat Games
1. You can choose to invite your friends again if they leave when you launch the game. To do so, tap the hamburger menu in the lower-right corner and tap “Ring” next to their name from the pop-up menu.
2. Snapchat will now notify your friends that you are waiting to play a game with them. Others can choose to join by tapping the “Join” button in the lower right corner of the chat window.
If you are someone who likes to play light games with friends, you might find Snapchat games useful.
List of All Snapchat Games Currently Available
|Snapchat Game List|
|Om Nom Run||Friends Quest||Sugar Slam|
|Color Galaxy||Snake Squad||Bitmoji Paint|
|Trivia Party||Mergelings||Alphabear Hustle|
|Battleship||Color Together||Slide the Shakes|
|Animal Restaurant||Ready Set Golf||Hex FRVR|
|Aquapark||Fashion Icon||Snow Time|
|TableTop Kingdom||Cube Surfer||Revamp|
|Ready Chef Go!||Pair Up||Crowd City|
|Chess Quest||Let’s Doodle||Hole.io|
|Ludo Club||Bitmoji Party||Island Jump|
|Let’s Go Hoops||Crazy Sales Rush||Swipe Out|
|Word Flash||Squad Goals||Flip The Egg|
|Bitmoji Tennis||Zombie Rescue Squad||Pizza Cat|
|Crazy Run||Bowling||Subway Surfers Airtime|
|Storm Skaters||Tiny Royale||Find my Bitmoji|
That’s how to play games on Snapchat. I hope this article helped you! Thank you for visiting and don’t forget if you find this article useful, please share it with your friends too.