Here’s a guide on how to solve Microsoft Teams can’t be opened. Microsoft Teams is a great collaboration app for businesses, but only if it works well.
Microsoft Teams comes pre-installed with Windows 11, but you may find that this popular business collaboration software cannot be opened.
There are several reasons why Microsoft Teams won’t open on PC Windows 10/11. There could be a problem with the app itself, the GPU driver, or Windows itself is corrupted.
Usually, repairing or reinstalling the app will get it working, but you might need to try some additional troubleshooting steps.
Related: How to Use Walkie Talkie in Microsoft Teams
To help you, I will show you some ways to solve Microsoft Teams not opening on PC/laptop as I mentioned below.
Repair or Reset Microsoft Teams
One of the first things to try if Microsoft Teams won’t open is to repair or reset the app.
When you repair an app, Windows will try to fix it without losing any data (like your login details or settings).
On the other hand, reset will clear app data. Usually, it’s best to try a repair first, followed by a reset.
To repair or reset the Microsoft Teams app, try the following steps:
1. Click button Start and open Settings/settings or use button Windows+i to launch it directly.
2. When Settings open, click Apps from the list on the left and options Apps & features on the right.
in the App list field, click three-dot menu next to it, and select Options
4. Scroll down to section Reset and click the button Repair. Now see, if the application can be opened.
5. If it doesn’t work, click the button Reset and wait for the process to finish.
How to Block Someone in Microsoft Teams
End Microsoft Teams Process
Another option that you can try is to end the Teams process from Task Manager and relaunch it. Here are the steps to end the Microsoft Teams process:
1. Open Task Manager in Windows 11 from the Start menu or by using Run.
2. When the Task Manager opens, right-click the Microsoft Teams process and select
End task from the menu.
Reinstall Microsoft Teams
If repair or reset doesn’t fix Microsoft Teams not opening in Windows 11, you can reinstall the app.
Reinstalling the app can fix problems caused by file corruption and other undiagnosed problems.
To reinstall the Microsoft Teams app, follow these steps:
1. Open Start and select Settings.
2. In Settings, select Apps > Apps & features.
3. Search Microsoft Teams in the App list field, click
three-dot menu next to Teams, and select Uninstall from the menu.
4. Click button Uninstall when the verification message appears.
5. After uninstalling Microsoft Teams, go to the Microsoft Teams download page
and click the button Download for desktop.
6. Select your Windows version, and proceed to install the application.
Restart your PC
If Microsoft Teams was previously able to be opened and suddenly stopped, you will have to restart your PC. Rebooting can fix the problem by stopping the conflicting app or other process.
To restart your PC in Windows 11, right click the button Start and select Shut down or sign out > Restart.
Now try to open MS Teams app and see if it is running normally.
Run SFC and DISM Scans
If Microsoft Teams still won’t open, you can check for corrupted system files by running SFC or DISM scan.
Both of these tools will check your local drive for corrupt system files and replace them. The difference is that the DISM scan will replace corrupted system files from Microsoft servers.
Here’s how to run an SFC or DISM scan:
1. Right click button Start and select Windows Terminal (Admin).
2. When PowerShell launched, type the following command and press Enter:
3. After the SFC scan is complete, restart your PC and see if Microsoft Teams can be opened or not.
4. If Microsoft Teams still doesn’t open, try using the Deployment Image Service and Management ( DISM ) scan. Launch PowerShell and run the following command:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Note that running both scans above can take a while, depending on the size of your drive and the amount of data you have.
That’s how to solve Microsoft Teams can’t be opened. I hope this article helped you! Thank you for visiting and don’t forget if you find this article useful, please share it with your friends too.