Below are some software to give a blur effect on the face in the video. By using this software, you can blur the faces that are in the video which you don’t want to show.
Here is a list of the best free software to blur faces in videos for Windows. By using this software, you can blur the faces that are in the video which you don’t want to show. To hide faces, this software provides a blur effect along with tools to manually define the areas you want to blur.
And, to blur the face in the whole video, you have to define the blur area in each frame of the video. However, in some software, you don’t need to manually define the blur area in each frame because the software can automatically detect and blur certain objects throughout the video. The process for blurring faces in videos can be a bit of a pain. To help you out, I have mentioned the steps to blur face in video in the description of each software.
All of these software are actually video editing software. Therefore, almost all of them contain a large number of video editing tools like Timeline Editor, Trim In, Cut, Slice, Transformation tools, VFX, Color Grading, Video Transitions, etc. Many video filters and video effects are also present in this software which you can use to enhance the look of the video.
After editing and blurring the face from within the video, you can export the output in various formats like MP4, AVI, MOV, MPEG, etc. In some of them, you can even export videos in various web platform specific formats like Vimeo, Youtube, Facebook, etc. Check out the list to find out more about this software. Here’s the software to give a blur effect to the face in the video.
1. DaVinci Resolve
DaVinci Resolve is a free video editing software that can also be used to blur faces in videos. This software is available for Windows, Linux, and MacOS. It is also one of the most advanced software for blurring faces in videos as it can track facial movements and apply a blur effect on them.
To blur faces, it provides tools like Tracker, Blur, Tracker Timeline, Nodes and many more. Apart from these tools, you can also find many video editing tools in it like Timeline Editor, Split, Change Speed, Trim, Visual Effects, Transitions, etc. After editing and blurring the faces present in the video, you can export the video in formats like MP4, MOV, Vimeo videos, YouTube videos, etc.
How to blur faces in videos in DaVinci Resolve:
- Launch this software and go to File > Import Media option to import videos.
- After that, move to the Editor section and drop the videos loaded from the Media section into the Timeline Editor.
- Now, visit the Color section and select the input video clip and open the right-click menu above the Node Graph area.
- From the right-click menu, select the Add Node menu and select the corrector node option to add it above the Node Graph area.
- Next, connect the output of the default video node with the input of the corrector node and join the output of the corrector node with the output of the Node Graph.
- Now, open the window panel by clicking on the window icon and selecting Circle shape to create circular parameters around the face you want to blur.
- After that, move to the Tracker panel and use the built-in dial to start tracking the movement of the selected face.
- In the final step, open the Blur panel and use the Radius, Scaling, etc., tools to define the area and intensity of the blur effect.
After blurring the face in the video, use the Deliver section to export the video in a supported video format.
It is one of the best free software to blur faces in videos as it offers advanced face tracking features which make blur faces very easy. [Download DaVinci Resolve].
2. HITFILM EXPRESS
HITFILM EXPRESS is another free software to blur faces in videos for Windows and MacOS. To blur faces from videos, this software provides layer grade and blur effect tools which you can apply over the main video by selecting the faces you want to blur. You need to manually adjust the layer position in each video frame to keep the face blurred throughout the video.
Apart from blurring faces, you can also use this software to create and edit vlogs, short videos, video games, etc. To perform video editing, this software offers tools such as Timeline Editor, Slice Tool, Transformation Tool, Transition Effects, Filters, and more.
How to blur faces in video using HITFILM EXPRESS:
- Launch this software, create a New Project and define project properties like Project Name, Video Resolution, Frame Rate, etc.
- After that, go to the Media section and click on the Add button to load the video clip. The loaded video will be added to its Media section.
- Drop the video from the media section to the timeline.
- Now, click the New button in the Media section to create a new composite shot.
- In the composite shot section, you can see the New Layer button which you need to press to add a new Grade layer.
- The Grade Layer adds a rectangular outline above the video preview player. You have to place a rectangular outline over the face which you want to hide.
- Next, go to the Effects section and select a blur type from the various available ones (angular blur, bilateral blur, lens blur, etc.) and place the selected blur effect on top of the Grade layer.
- Now, rotate the video and continuously adjust the rectangular outline according to the movement of the face to blur the face of each part of the video.
- After the face blurring process is complete, go to the Export section and Export videos in MP4, MOV, and various web-only platforms (Youtube, Facebook, Vimeo, etc.).
In the free version of this software, you don’t get features like Doppler Shift, Audio Visualization, Puppet Tool, etc. To get this feature, you need to buy the paid version of this software.
This is another powerful software to blur faces in videos and perform video editing and other creation activities. [Download HITFILM EXPRESS].
Notes: Required register first before downloading the HITFILM EXPRESS software.
Lightworks is another free software for blurring faces in videos for Windows, MacOS, and Linux. This software is mainly a video editing software which offers almost all the necessary video editing tools along with a blur feature to hide the face of the person in the video.
After editing and blurring the face from the video, you can export the video in Vimeo (MP4) and YouTube (MP4) supported formats.
How to blur faces in videos in Lightworks:
- Open this software interface, create a New project and specify the project parameters namely Project Name and Frame Rate.
- After that, import the video into this software. The loaded videos can be accessed from the Project Contents section.
- Remove the video from the Project Contents section above the Timeline.
- Next, go to the VFX section and click on the Add new effects button and select either a Blur or Obscure (mosaic) effect. The selected type of blur effect will take effect immediately throughout the video.
- Now, to only blur the faces that are in the video, go to Settings and use 2D Shape tools like X, Y, Width, Height, etc., to define the exact area that you want to blur. Apart from that, you also get Masked Blend and Mosaic Tools in the Settings panel to adjust the intensity of the face and background blur.
- To blur the face in the whole video, you need to manually adjust the position of the blur effect in each frame of the video using the Simple 2D Shape tool.
- When you’re done editing, right-click on the video and select Export option to save the video with blurry faces.
In the free version of this software, you have to face some limitations like no Full HD video export option, limited video export formats, etc.
This is another useful video editing software through which you can also blur faces in videos. [Download Lightworks].
Those are 3 software for Software To Give Blur Effect On Face in Video. Hope it is useful and thanks for visiting.